Gnomish Explorers League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gnomish Explorers League

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

March 19 Gnome Plans

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kneecaps
Admin
Kneecaps

March 19 Gnome Plans Empty
PostSubject: March 19 Gnome Plans   March 19 Gnome Plans Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 3:38 pm

Hi All,

As a way to try out this new forum that Brad found for us, how about we discuss our gnext gnomish endeavor? At the time I am posting this, our guild ranges from level 10 to level 14. So, I vote for a trip to the Deadmines! Yeah yeah yeah . . . everyone has a different opinion on what level you need to be in order to start this thing. I've seen people say as low as 14 to as high as 32!! geesh! Hey - we're gnomes - lets get everyone up to 15 and go sack the place!

I figure if we tackle the long list of Defias Brotherhood quests bright and early next Wednesday (March 19 at 6pm pst) the exp from all of the quests should get most of us up to the level 15 range - I suggest we start with A Fishy Peril in Goldshire (see below) and storm our way through the entire list in gnomish fashion until it takes us to the Deadmines.

Quests
  1. The Defias Brotherhood - If we REALLY want to start at the beginning of this quest, at level 10 we can pick up the quest "A Fishy Peril" from Remy Two Times in Goldshire of Elwyn Forest. He will start us on the series that leads to a.) Marshal Dughan in Goldshire then to b.) Guard Thomas at Eastvale Logging Camp, then to c.) Gryan Stoutmantle at Sentinel Hill in Westfall. We probably don't have to do all of these, but we need to be level 14 in order to talk with Gryan Stoutmantle.

2. At level 15 we can get "Underground Assault" from Shoni the Shilent - in the Dwarven Section of Stormwind. This may actually start with Gnoarn in Tinkertown in Ironforge.
  3. At level 18 we can get the quest "Collecting Memories" and "Oh Brother. . ." from Wilder Thistelnettle in the Dwarven Section of Stormwind.
  4. An Unsent Letter - picked up off Van Cleef's body and starts a quest
  5. There's a Paladin Class Specific quest also for Deadmines.
  6. At level 28 we can begin The Missing Diplomat quest which starts with the altar boy, Thomas, in the Cathedral of Light in Stormwind's Catherdral District.

History of the Deadmines
Once the greatest gold production center in the human lands, the Dead Mines were abandoned when the Horde razed Stormwind city during the First War.

During the First War, Lord Lothar ventured into the perilous Deadmines on a quest to obtain the Tome of Divinity. Though he was captured by a band of ogres and held captive for 20 months, he was ultimately rescued and successful in his mission.

It was to the dungeons below the Deadmines to which Blackhand's daughter Griselda fled with the ogre Turok. Both were slain by an orcish raid.

Now the Defias Brotherhood has taken up residence and turned the dark tunnels into their private sanctum. It is rumored that the thieves have conscripted the clever goblins to help them build something terrible at the bottom of the mines - but what that may be is still uncertain. Rumor has it that the way into the Deadmines lies through the quiet, unassuming village of Moonbrook.

History of the Defias Brotherhood

Structure of the Brotherhood

Items of Note Within the Deadmines

Last edited by Kneecaps on Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ribosomal
Admin
Ribosomal

PostSubject: Re: Battle Plans   March 19 Gnome Plans Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 7:15 pm

When we do this we do it as a raid or as groups? There is benefit to raiding in this game right? I heard some stuff about quests not being availible or something.
Back to top Go down
Onesiphoros
Admin
Onesiphoros

PostSubject: Re: March 19 Gnome Plans   March 19 Gnome Plans Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 1:29 am

If we want to complete the quests we need to do it as groups. In a raid we would not get experience or the credit I guess, for killing mobs needed to complete quests.

We would get experience for killing mobs, just not the things we need for the quests.

My suggestion was and still is, that at least for Deadmines, and then afterwards the Stockades, we go through as groups, not in a raid. They feel confining to me even in a group of 4 people (and 5 is the max for groups). If we want to go as a raid someplace, my thoughts are that we wait until we get to Black Fathom Depths, or we could run as a raid from Auberdine to the Wailing Caverns, and split into groups there (though I think that might be open enough to run through as a raid group).

For those that don't know, Wailing Caverns is one of the first instances for the horde, all the way over in the Barrens.

As always I welcome all thoughts, ideas, and criticisms, (even if it doesn't seem like I listen to them, hehe).
Back to top Go down
Kallee
Veteran
Kallee

PostSubject: Re: March 19 Gnome Plans   March 19 Gnome Plans Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 10:37 am

The Raid format sometimes does really screwy things with quest goals. You may not get credit for kills, and often quest drops won't appear. Since it's an instance it may be possible that we wouldn't be allowed to do it as a raid anyway, since many instances have a set limit to the number of people who can enter (this happened when a bunch of us tried to 10-man Scholomance, just to go in and take a look around).

Oh! And if you're doing the Defias Brotherhood quests (which I do recommend, since it does have some awesome quest rewards) don't forget to pick up the quest on top of the tower in Westfall. It's only available after you get to a certain point in the quest chain, although there are no obvious prerequisites leading up to it. Smile

And of course, the Defias leather armor is a great set for rogues, and one of the first times players run across armor that has the "set bonus." Basically the more pieces of armor in the set you have, the better it gets! You get additional bonuses for wearing two, three, five pieces at the same time. Plus it looks cool. Smile
Back to top Go down
Helixdragon
Veteran
Helixdragon

PostSubject: Re: March 19 Gnome Plans   March 19 Gnome Plans Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 am

Good show.... I'm up for making the Brotherhood hood eat lead from my pee-shooter.... lol!
I like the stuff you put together and the ring that it shows looks really good that you get at the end of all this.... Looks worth doing...

affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: March 19 Gnome Plans   March 19 Gnome Plans Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

March 19 Gnome Plans
Page 1 of 1