Gnomish Explorers League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gnomish Explorers League

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warhammer Online

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ribosomal
Admin
Ribosomal

Warhammer Online Empty
PostSubject: Warhammer Online   Warhammer Online Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 9:36 pm

Anyone else think the ongoing war theme in Warhammer will be the same idea like in Tabula Rasa ? I hope it's situated differently I really found that annoying in TR.
Back to top Go down
Onesiphoros
Admin
Onesiphoros

Warhammer Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online   Warhammer Online Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 8:35 am

I probably won't try WAR. Some of it seems cool, but it just doesn't look interesting to me. And if I do upgrade my pc in a couple of months, I'll probably try Conan instead. Maybe it's because I know more of the backstory of AoC (Age of Conan) than Warhammer, I don't know, but looking at them one is interesting and the other is just, I don't know, dark maybe. Not that I'm against darkness, and maybe I wasn't looking at everything, but I wasn't terribly impressed. I know that for whatever reason WoW is the baseline, and that all mmo's are going to be compared to it, at least for gameplay and balance purposes. I'll stick with WoW as long as theres a few people in the gnomes playing it. After that, if I wind up being the only one, I'll probably go back and see what they've added to EVE. Very Happy That was a real pretty game. flower And after a month, you didn't have to deal with stupid peoples questions. (and you could ignore them for the first month by not paying attention to that particular chat channel, lol)
Back to top Go down
Kallee
Veteran
Kallee

Warhammer Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online   Warhammer Online Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 10:17 pm

Onesiphoros wrote:
all mmo's are going to be compared to it, at least for gameplay and balance purposes.

And from what I've heard, a good portion of these debates will take place in the General chat channels of the other games. Rolling Eyes

I haven't looked yet, but I doubt I'd ever play Warhammer Online for the same reason I don't play many of the other MMORPGs - no Mac support.
Back to top Go down
Ribosomal
Admin
Ribosomal

Warhammer Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online   Warhammer Online Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 5:49 am

I understand I compare every game I play to EQ 1. Wow is a cool game but for some reason the way the classes, spells and fighting are set up is weird to me. I do like the way the world looks however. I usually go where you all go but I do like to try new games. I didn't like Eve unfortunately. Not my type of game. I didn't have patience for that style. Looks like only me and Bill are intrested in trying WAR then.Of course us 4 are the only ones who use the boards so who knows what others think. I did actually like the backstory and class line up of Conan better but I assumed no one would play it. After the downfall of Vanguard a game I thought wasnt bad but had no player base I am a little worried starting a new game that just came out.
Back to top Go down
Onesiphoros
Admin
Onesiphoros

Warhammer Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online   Warhammer Online Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 10:37 am

It usually helps to have other people start a new game with you, but I Know what you mean about not wanting to spend money and try a game when it first comes out. EQ had been out for years when I tried it (and I didn't last on it because I could find the friends I wanted to play with on it) and WoW had been out at least a year before I tried it as well.
Back to top Go down
Ribosomal
Admin
Ribosomal

Warhammer Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online   Warhammer Online Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 5:06 pm

well I'm just not a strong person when it comes to game convience. I was going to hold off trying Conan but then there was the digital download suddenly on the page! What a Face

Anyway I'm installing it lol

I know I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddd Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Onesiphoros
Admin
Onesiphoros

Warhammer Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online   Warhammer Online Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 8:36 am

I have to upgrade my pc this summer, so I can't try any new games now. The revelation that I MUST do this came when I downloaded the trial version for the Spore creature creator, installed perfectly, but then I was told that my video card is too slow, and it won't run. So that means I won't be able to play the single game I have been anticipating for nearly 2 years.

In other words

Must

upgrade

soon.

LOL
Back to top Go down
Ribosomal
Admin
Ribosomal

Warhammer Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online   Warhammer Online Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 4:42 am

yeah sounds like you have to upgrade! I really don't like the play style of conan so far it feels like DND online. Dosen't feel like a new advanced game more like something I've seen and done already. I guess I'll be wating for War hammer =p
Back to top Go down
Onesiphoros
Admin
Onesiphoros

Warhammer Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online   Warhammer Online Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 7:08 pm

You should log back into WoW this week then, the Summer Fire Festival is going on. and then in the next couple of weeks there's another event I think, maybe the darkmoon faire? I don't remember, I'd have to look.
Back to top Go down
Helixdragon
Veteran
Helixdragon

Warhammer Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online   Warhammer Online Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 8:54 pm

I Played DAoC made by the same people that are making War Hammer... Alex and I enjoyed it to a point but ended up staying with EQ1 in the end. I see a lot of influances from DAoC in War Hammer. RvR was fun much like PvP of WoW, and Questing is smarter. But....War Hammer is talking "Behind the seen" about another delay in the release date. I'n looking forward to playing Star Craft 2, Maybe even Diablo III.... Some many hew games coming out and not enough money to buy them all...LOL... Well not ture but my Wife said pick 1..... Man.....LOL... Also preorder War Hammer is $80.... Guess I need another Job.... affraid
Back to top Go down
Onesiphoros
Admin
Onesiphoros

Warhammer Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online   Warhammer Online Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 1:29 pm

Well for those thinking about it, here's some news about Warhammer. http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm?PAGE=1&FEATURE=2041&BHCP=1%2C1&GAME=239&bhcp=1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Warhammer Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online   Warhammer Online Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warhammer Online
Page 1 of 1