Gnomish Explorers League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gnomish Explorers League

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Money Money Money

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ribosomal
Admin
Ribosomal

Money Money Money Empty
PostSubject: Money Money Money   Money Money Money Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 8:11 am

I know some of you are selling some stuff to make money one the broker and I'm wondering what I could sell to do the same. I run out of money fast and would like to progress with tradeskilling without having to wait each week to get some cash from exploring. I made a couple bags last week for the new gnomes and did a few points in enchanting and then I was broke confused
Back to top Go down
Onesiphoros
Admin
Onesiphoros

Money Money Money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money Money Money   Money Money Money Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 2:12 pm

Hmmm, I don't know what anyone else is doing, (okay, that's a small lie, I know what at least 1 other person is doing, but that's because they have gathering skills and they are selling the stacks they gather), but I am selling items I gather on the auction house. I have spent a little of what I've made on (very) minor, (very) cheap upgrades of items, because I don't want to twink out my character. The idea is that we are working together as a group for levels and items, etc. But Bill, Alex, and I did a few pvp battlegrounds over the weekend and so I spent maybe 50silver on a couple of items.

I sent Stacey 6 gold for guild use, primarily to buy a tabard for himself, and to distribute tabards to other people who don't have the money to buy one for themselves. I will be more than happy to send anyone a couple of gold (not more than probably 2 at the moment) only because I'm trying to get money so Stacey can open a guild bank for us, (at which point depending on how he sets up the bank) I can just put excess gold in there for people to draw it out as needed. As an enchanter/tailor you can always sell the enchanting materials (when you have excess) that you get from disenchanting, and also you can make money selling the green items (or better when you get to that skill level) on the auction house. I also sell the items I get from drops that no one in the guild needs.

Stacey and I use the Auctioneer add on. It allows you to scan the auction house for all the auctions, and will tell you the average price of the items it sees. It doesn't mean that's what people are buying them for, and sometimes it gives you really strange prices so you have to keep an eye on it, but it'll give you an idea about the prices on the auction house.
Back to top Go down
Ribosomal
Admin
Ribosomal

Money Money Money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money Money Money   Money Money Money Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 4:18 pm

Thanks I guess I just need to become more familar with the auction house and prices on this game and try to start selling some stuff. I would like to be able to contribute to the talbard and guild bank also.
Back to top Go down
Helixdragon
Veteran
Helixdragon

Money Money Money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money Money Money   Money Money Money Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 5:14 pm

I'm taking a page from Brad and buying Reps and reselling in the Auction house.... I buy them at Vender prices and sell them for a gold or more... Engineering doesn't sell well and takes loads of cash to level up. I've spent near 30 GPs getting to 150 Engineering and only have a Gun, Recombulator, and Shades to really show for it.... I do see some of the higher level items selling well so I'll have to wait.... But I know that if I keep BGing I'll get uber stuff in there.... Alex needed funs for his smithing so I sent them to him.... Once I build up more gold from selling Reps I'll start sending Stacey more...

cyclops

BG
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Money Money Money Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money Money Money   Money Money Money Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Money Money Money
Page 1 of 1