Gnomish Explorers League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gnomish Explorers League

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Out-of-game art

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kallee
Veteran
Kallee

Out-of-game art Empty
PostSubject: Out-of-game art   Out-of-game art Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 10:14 pm

So I decided to try and do a render of Kallee Scrapiron using DAZ Studio. This is a free 3D rendering program that I dabble with - OK, I admit, I'm addicted to playing with it and downloading TONS of free stuff for pictures. Razz

In any case, here's the first picture that I'm semi-satisfied with (and have cropped to use as an avatar... until she advances a few levels and gets some better armor). You can see it here. There are several things that I'm not completely happy with, but it's passable for now. Laughing

Feedback welcome! And I'll try to share any updates or other pictures I make, too!
Back to top Go down
Ribosomal
Admin
Ribosomal

Out-of-game art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out-of-game art   Out-of-game art Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 8:47 am

Ummm I don't know not a bad picture but nothing in particular says gnome to me about her face also her ears should be bigger / visable What a Face
Back to top Go down
Kallee
Veteran
Kallee

Out-of-game art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out-of-game art   Out-of-game art Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 8:38 pm

Bigger ears I can do easily enough. Very Happy

As for other "gnomy" features, I was hoping the oversized head and big eyes may have worked, but perhaps not well enough. Gnomes in Azeroth (well, at least the girl gnomes) don't seem to have the same oversized, bulbous noses that they do in Everquest, but I thought about doing that for Kallee anyway. Wink

But I like feedback! Any suggestions about how I can make her more "gnomy?" Please? Laughing Like I said, it's still a work in progress and there are quite a few things I'm not happy about, but I'm hoping other eyes - and ideas - might steer me in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
Ribosomal
Admin
Ribosomal

Out-of-game art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out-of-game art   Out-of-game art Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 8:04 am

lol it's a good start better than I could do but I need to see some EARS ;p
Back to top Go down
Kallee
Veteran
Kallee

Out-of-game art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out-of-game art   Out-of-game art Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 8:12 pm

All right, I did some more tweaking - especially after looking at the in-game Kallee - and came up with this. What do you think?

Still not perfect, but I'm hoping it's a bit of an improvement, at least....
Back to top Go down
Ribosomal
Admin
Ribosomal

Out-of-game art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out-of-game art   Out-of-game art Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 2:55 am

Hey that looks really good Todd lol. I like the shape of the eyes and nose a lot better and the earrings a good touch. Man she is on SWOL. Looks like she's been hitting them Orc steroids tongue
Back to top Go down
Kallee
Veteran
Kallee

Out-of-game art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out-of-game art   Out-of-game art Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 10:53 pm

Thank you! Smile I picture her as pretty buff and not terribly attractive, but the big challenge was to make her appear "gnomey" too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ribosomal
Admin
Ribosomal

Out-of-game art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out-of-game art   Out-of-game art Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 3:35 am

well gnomes being the most attractive of all races I guess a few ugly ones do get through now and then lol Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Out-of-game art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out-of-game art   Out-of-game art Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Out-of-game art
Page 1 of 1